I’ve been kind of quiet over here. A lot has been going on…too much to try to bring y’all up to date. But here are several things (in no particular order) to kind of fill in the gaps of my absence.
- My aunt came to live with us for two months before she started her new job…and it was amazing and wonderful to have her here! (Wish she never left. 😉)
- I celebrated my one-year anniversary at the Trophy Shop!
- I am in the process of launching The Quilted Rose Co., my new Etsy shop! (Stay tuned for details!)
- I went to see a For King & Country concert on my birthday. They were outstanding as usual. I cannot wait for next year. (Album #3 is coming out eventually!)
- I still don’t know how to drive. (I still have not been behind the wheel.)
- Princess O graced us with a five-day visit and we made cookies and watched movies and colored. She has grown so much and she’s such a treasure!
- My cousins from NYC came for Thanksgiving for the second year in a row!!!
- We have a new cousin on the way and it’s a girl! 😄
- We had the privilege of watching the life cycle of four black swallowtail butterflies. E. was the main caretaker.
- I’ve got all my presents finished and wrapped. (No staying up past midnight to hustle this year!)
- We saw The Last Jedi and it was amazing. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
- I still love my job. 😉
- On that note, I am on vacation (stay-cation) for two weeks.
- My sisters and I have been trying to exercise together every day and we’re still alive.
- Travis and Angel took me to Big Church Night Out last weekend and we watched the Newsboys, Blanca, 7eventh Time Down, and Sidewalk Prophets perform along with a couple other acts. It was amazing. We had a wonderful time together. Angel picked awesome seats and I got a picture with Blanca!
One thought that has been on my heart this Christmas is that I am so thankful Jesus did not stay a baby. He was born. He lived. He grew in wisdom and stature and favor with God and men. He died for me and my sins. He died for your sins too. He rose from the dead. He ascended into heaven. And now one day He’s coming back. This is what brings me joy this year.
For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. (Isaiah 9:6)
I hope your Christmas is merry and bright. (To my quilty friends, may your bobbin always be full.)