My name is Ruth. I am seventeen, a Christian and a lover of music, movies, crafts, books and tea.
Why is this blog called, “If You Were Here?”
Well, I’m glad you asked.
My family and I moved to a new state back in October of 2015 and I became very homesick and depressed. I stopped using social media because seeing my friends post about what was happening in their lives made me feel more homesick and depressed than I already was. I wished I was right there with them. Or at least less than 1,000 miles away. However, without social media, it is A LOT harder to share my thoughts, discoveries, projects, and what God has been doing in my life with all of my people. So, this blog came into existence. (I picked up Instagram again, but I use that to document my quilts and various projects. 😉 I’m still trying to figure out how to use Twitter… and Snapchat is off and on for me. :P)
True friends are always together in spirit, but perhaps this will make me feel closer to you and you to me. Through this blog, I hope to keep you updated on my life. I want to show you the places that I would take you to, the people you would meet, my various projects both finished and in the making, the music and movies that are currently my favorites and what God has been teaching me, as if you were here.
Some facts you should know about me:
- I am a sinner who has been saved by the grace of God through Jesus Christ.
- I am an ESFJ according to the Myers-Briggs tests I’ve taken in the past.
- I am the oldest of seven children.
- I love to quilt. So much so that I want to open my own quilt shop one day.
- I also like to try other creative things like calligraphy, scrapbooking, cross stitching, crochet and basically anything artsy-crafty.
- I play the violin.
- I have an incurable sweet tooth.
- For King & Country is one of my favorite bands
- Love and the Outcome is my other favorite
- Tangled is my favorite Disney movie.
- Captain America is my favorite Avenger.